In this privacy statement you can read everything about the way in which your personal data are collected and how they are managed. It clarifies, for instance, where we store data and for what purpose. Here you will also find all your rights regarding your data and how you can exercise them.
Every now and then the privacy statement will be amended, e.g. due to changes in the law. Therefore we advise you to consult the statement periodically.
Aim of data collection
Bureau Clara Wichmann collects personal data for a number of purposes. We will explain them below.
- Sending digital newsletters – Bureau Clara Wichmann sends digital newsletters by e-mail. These newsletters are aimed at providing information about news and activities of the Bureau. For these newsletters your name and e-mail address are collected through the appropriate form on the Bureau’s website.
- Sending newsletters by mail – if you wish, you can receive our end-of-the-year newsletter by mail. For this purpose your address details are collected through the appropriate form on the Bureau’s website.
- Contacting you – you can ask us to contact you through the contact form on the website. For this aim we collect your name and e-mail address. This information will be used with the sole purpose of contacting you.
- Requesting a strategic procedure – If you submit a request to us for support in a procedure, we collect personal data that are relevant to the case. The data are collected through the form that can be downloaded on the website. The forms are stored both digitally (as PDF) and on paper. Your data will be used for internal assessment and, after the initiation of proceedings, for communication about your case with lawyers. [Your data will be anonymized for internal review. A Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) has been performed on the processing and storage of this data.]
- Analytics – Bureau Clara Wichmann’s website collects your data for improving our services. This is done with Google Analytics. These data are anonymous and therefore not linked to your personal data. It concerns information such as the duration of your visit to the website or the pages you visit a lot.
All data will be processed after your explicit consent only.
Recipients of your data
- Our digital newsletters are sent with Mailchimp. As soon as you sign up for the newsletter, your e-mail address is automatically saved in the appropriate list within Mailchimp.
- The website about the Silicone Lawsuit is hosted at Trans-ip. If you contact us through the form on the website or by e-mail, the relevant e-mail address will be stored on Trans-ip’s servers. We have concluded a processing agreement with this hosting party.
- The website about the silicone lawsuit and its backups are hosted at Trans-ip. Information that you leave on our website is stored on Trans-ip’s servers. We have concluded a processing agreement with this hosting party.
- We work with various lawyers for strategic procedures. If you have applied for a procedure, your personal data will be shared with the lawyers involved. For this we use a processing agreement.
All parties we work with are listed above. Bureau Clara Wichmann does not share databases with any third parties.
Retention period of your data
We keep your data for a longer period of time, but never longer than necessary for the performance of activities, unless we have to keep your data longer on the basis of a legal regulation.
- Your name and e-mail address will be stored in Mailchimp for sending you the digital newsletters. Storage of the data is indefinite. When you unsubscribe from the newsletter, the data will be deleted. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at all times, through the link at the bottom of the newsletter or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your name and address details are kept in a spreadsheet for sending you the newsletters by mail. Storage of the data is indefinite. Data will be deleted when you unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at all times by sending a letter to PO Box 93639, 1090 EC Amsterdam or by sending an email to email@example.com.
- If you contact us through the website, the data you send will be stored on the mail server. Those e-mails are stored for a maximum of 4 years.
- If you have applied for a strategic procedure, your data will be kept for the duration of the procedure.
- The data collected by Analytics on the website are anonymous, so they are not linked to your name or e-mail address. These data are stored indefinitely within Google Analytics.
Securing your data
- No physical copies are made of your personal data. Your data are solely managed within the aforementioned systems and software.
- Personal data managed by Bureau Clara Wichmann or by the aforementioned third parties can solely be accessed through the software mentioned above and are protected by a password.
- Our website is secured by an SSL certificate. This means that your connection to Bureau Clara Wichmann’s website is private. You can recognize this form of security by the lock in front of the url.
- You retain the right to request your data kept by Bureau Clara Wichmann at all times. You can do this by sending an e-mail or contacting us by telephone. You will then receive an overview of your data.
- Are your data incorrect? Or have your details changed? You have the right to have the data rectified by Bureau Clara Wichmann. You can adjust your information about the newsletter through the appropriate url at the bottom of each e-mail.
- You are entitled to so-called data portability. This means that you can ask Bureau Clara Wichmann to supply you with your digitally stored data if you enter into a similar relationship with another organisation. In concrete terms this means that we send you an overview of your personal data the way we have stored them.
- In case you no longer wish your data to be stored at Bureau Clara Wichmann, you have the right to have your data deleted.
You can exercise these rights through firstname.lastname@example.org by sending a copy of proof of identity in which the passport photo, numbers at the bottom of the passport, proof of identity number and BSN (social fiscal number) have been made illegible. We aim at responding within a week. We will always respond within the legal period of 30 days.
Do you have any other questions?
Bureau Clara Wichmann
1090 EC Amsterdam